Installing programs (supported operating systems):
- Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, Seven
- UNIX-like systems by using Wine (http://www.winehq.org
- MAC OS X using WineBottler (http://winebottler.kronenberg.org
) Upgrading Program (installing a new version):
The program can be updated with the distribution program (program installation) or by using the update files
- Update files on the release version of software are available at Downloads
- Update files to the test versions of software are available in the forum topics about the release of the next version of the program or the announcement of the next version. How to update the program:
1. Download the update file.
2. Open file updates, if all successful, then the update program will start automatically. If you run the upgrade did not happen, then the Start - Programs - "Wild Media Server" - "Maintenance Wild Media Server (UPnP, DLNA, HTTP)" - Update - specify the path to update file. Building of the distribution of the current version of the program:
Start - Programs - "Wild Media Server" - "Maintenance Wild Media Server (UPnP, DLNA, HTTP)" - Distribution.
Distribution may be useful to install the version before upgrade. Uninstall the program:
- Start - Programs - "Wild Media Server" - "Maintenance Wild Media Server (UPnP, DLNA, HTTP)" - Uninstall
- Start - Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs - Wild Media Server (UPnP, DLNA, HTTP)
Uninstall the program (versions 0.70-0.73.8): Install current version (http://www.wildmediaserver.com/page10.php
), Uninstall. Working with the program. interface
- Width, height, layout (the panel of buttons, lists, columns) of the main form of the program can be changed using the mouse, the width and height changes at the boundaries, location - Taking the element of "mouse" in the title area and moving element to the desired area of the main form of the program;
- The color of the form is selected on right click "mouse" in the menu button bar or status bar;
recovery of standard arrangement of the elements form the main program - Help button - "Default form layout". Adding a directory of media resources
- Settings button - page "Media Resources" - "Folder List - Add
- From Windows Explorer to drag (and drop) "mouse" in the main form of the program required directories (can be used with a standard search for files in Windows).
For catalogs photos have the opportunity to select the source date media resources (Auto, creation date, modification date, metadata), Auto - if there is no metadata, the date of modification. Selection on right click "mouse" in the directory list of media resources (column photo). Scanning directory of media resources (Creating a list of media resources in the specified directory of media resources, reading the properties of media resources)
- Settings button - page "Media Resources" - "Folder list" - Scanning
Scanning can be performed for selected in the directory list of media resources.
The list of media resources include files, extensions are registered in the program
- button Settings - chapter "Media Resources" - page "Folder list" - File types;
- button Settings - chapter "Media Resources" - page "Photo-resources" - "RAW-files of digital cameras" - "List extensions";
- image files to CD / DVD / BD drive - file extension iso.
An automatic scanning catalogs media resources (button Settings - chapter "Media Resources" - page Scanning):
- Automatic scanning of directories when they change while the server (not recommended to be included if the catalogs of media resources are used in file-sharing networks (the program EMule, uTorrent, etc.));
- Scan directories on schedule;
- Scan directories when the program starts.
To select a chapter of media resources (Movies, Music, Photo) in the main form of the program click the appropriate button on the toolbar buttons. Editing of the information on a media resource (the main form of the program):
- The list of media resources on the right button mouse menu item "Edit Information"
Information may be changed for the selected rows in the list of media resources The formation of collections of films, music playlists, photo albums (the main form of the program):
1. Select a tree Folders [Movies]" row Collections
2. In the menu on right click mouse choose "Add movies collection"
3. Specify the name of the collection - click OK.
4. Go to the section containing a list of media resources (eg, "All movies")
5. Select the required media resources.
6. Drag (and drop) by mouse selected rows of media resources to set up a collection of films.
Formation of playlists, music, album photos similar to creating collections of films.
More complex structure of collections, lists, albums can be created by adding a folder in the menu on right click mouse.
Unnecessary folder media resources can be deleted by right-button mouse in the tree "Folders [Movies]" (Music, Photo). Recovery of standard folders of media resources on the right-button mouse - click the Restore folder. Choosing a playback device, media resources
- Settings button - Section "Device" - the Type field;
If the device is not listed, then the information for the settings in this section you can search in the user manual media device (required fields - the type of DLNA, service authorization, Built-in support files);
To access the server through a viewer Internet (mobile phones, PDAs) need to turn on the Web, specify the constant server port under server configuration - the field "Port" (the value from 1024 to 65535). Access to the server from the viewer Internet - http://IP-addres
server:server port. IP-address of the server can be found in the configuration section of the server program-list of allowed network connections - Search. Starting the media server. Carefully read all the messages that may appear on the programs of network security when you first start the server.
Information on the multicast http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multicast
, used to send UPnP messages between the client device and server, used the address 22.214.171.124, port 1900.
Press the Start button in the button bar program's main form.
In the case of a successful server startup, button Start will be disabled, will be available the Stop button and Restart, the log messages will prompt
"Starting the server [ip-address]."
If you start the server did not happen, or when the server starts the program have been reports of error messages:
- Check the list of available network connections to configure the program - Server - A list of allowed network connections - Search.
If the list of allowed network connections are not empty, then compare it with the list of available network connections on the Search button.
- Check the settings used by the program of network security, "Wild Media Server (UPnP)" should be allowed network activity,
for more stringent rules UDP port 1900 must be open for incoming and outgoing packets specified in the configuration program server TCP port must be available for incoming connections.
Generate a list of allowed network connections can be from a list of available network connections, network connection mark for inclusion in the list in the first column.
If the media server to configure the program (Section Server - Port field) is given a permanent port, the availability of media server can be the viewer Internet at http://IP-address
the server:the specified server port, eg http:// 192.168.1.20:2009. When available, the server to a page presenting media content. If the configuration chapter of the program Device enabled Web, will open the upper level of the base media resources.
Enabling automatic server startup when you start the program - button Settings - chapter "Additional" - "Startup server by starting program."
Autostart programs when a user logs on Windows - button Settings - chapter "Additional" - "Startup program by starting Windows session".
Install the server as a service in Windows - button Settings - chapter "Additional" - "Installation Windows service "Wild Media Server (UPnP, DLNA, HTTP)".