Wild Media Server Wild Media Server

E-Mail Us
Home Product Info Download Buy Forum Feedback Extend Trial Contact Us Sitemap

It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:10 pm 

Using PS3 with WMS. The problem is that the video quality of pre-transcoded file is poor when compared to the original file. What parameters can I change so that the pre-transcoded file quality is same as the original file. Currently, I'm using default settings of PS3.

I dont care about the size of pre-transcoded file because I've ultra fast computer, gigabit wired network (to all components) and tons and tons of storage. All I want is MAXIMUM video and audio quality. Have a 5.1 surround sound setup.

I appreciate your help

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:23 pm 

Settings - Devices - PLAYSTATION 3 - Settings - Type - click "Restore from the distribution kit"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:58 pm 

Are you try to say that the default settings of PS3 will transcode to best possible Video/Audio quality? If yes, I just want to let you know that I did not change any settings after installation. So, I'm on default settings only.

Can I not increase bitrate and FPS to a very high number so that I will always get the best possible quality?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:46 am 

Settings - Devices - PLAYSTATION 3 - Settings - Transcoder - "Codecs, frame" - "Video bitrate"